To apply for a Deputy Sheriff's position submit all of the following:
- Cache County Sheriff's Office Initial Application
- Cache County Employment Application
Submit BOTH Applications-Sheriff's Office AND Cache County)
- Copies of passing NPOST scores (if not POST certified).
NPOST SCORE RESULTS ARE REQUIRED BEFORE TESTING!
- Copies of any POST certification
- Clear copy of driver's license
Deputy Sheriff's Application Procedure:
Applications may be obtained by:
Cache County Sheriff's Office Initial Application
Cache County Employment Application
Cache County Sheriff's Office
1225 W. Valley View, Suite 200
Logan, Utah 84321
- By calling 435-755-1000
- Or by e-mailing Marcy Mouritsen at: Employment Request
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of hiring
- Must have passing NPOST scores (if not POST certifed). PASSING SCORE RESULTS ARE REQUIRED BEFORE TESTING!
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (preference given to applicants that are POST certifed or with a 2 or 4 year university degree in criminal justice, psychology, sociology, social work, political science or related fields)
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have a valid Utah drivers license at time of appointment
- No disqualifying criminal history
- No DUI convictions in the past 2 years
- Prior to hiring, applicants will be subject to a extensive background investigation.
- Must meet the standards to qualify to be a Peace Officer in the State of Utah
(See POST Qualifications and Legal Requirements by clicking here).
Testing Requirements and Process: (download PDF)
- Applicants will have to successfully pass the physical testing standards which include:
- Vertical Jump: 14.5 inches
- Sit Ups: 23 Reps (one minute)
- Push Ups: 14 Reps (no time limit and no rest period)
- 1.5 Mile Run: 16:11 Minutes
- There will be five tests administered on the testing date. **Testing times are approximate.**
- Frontline Video Test – 1 hour 25 minutes
- Report Writing Test – 20 minutes (timed)
- Reading Test – 15 minutes (timed)
- MPULSE Behavior/Character Inventory – 1 hour
- Physical Test (may be waived if you are certified or certifiable) – 30-45 minute